Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Desperately waiting for November



I was recommended by my aunt Karen to read the book:  Tiger's Curse.  It took me a very long time to actually heed her advise, because I just didn't really think the title sounding very intriguing.  Well We had a girls weekend in Utah a couple weekends ago, and thats when it happened.  I got on my beloved Ipad used the ibooks App, and bought Tiger's Curse.  But I only read the first few pages while there in Utah because I had many fun things going on around me.  Let me just say it was an extremely eventful weekend!!!  I was thoroughly entertained the whole time!  We did crafts, we ate DELICIOUS food, of which made me gain about 5 - 10 lbs I'm certain.  We visited we each other, sang happy birthday to my grandma who just turned 75. We did Zumba, which was my very first time!  I thoroughly enjoyed it but next time, I'd have to be sure to wear better clothing, ( I was perspiring madly!).  We also watched a couple of movies, well actually I was a little stubborn and decided not to participate in the moving watching because it was late, and the movies I was pretty sure I would fall asleep through.  So when the weekend commenced, and I was finally ready to go home, I laid down at night, and pursued my usual routine of grabbing my Ipad reading my scriptures, and I finished Moroni! YEAH I'm done reading the BOM it took me a few months but it was a great accomplishment, and I feel like my brain grew at least double its size, by obtaining the knowledge within that sacred book.  I am so blessed.  So back to my night I had just finished the BOM, and then I decided I could now start reading a fiction, preferably romantic, exotic, action filled book.  I was cyphering through the books, that I had recently been told were good, but I have to be honest I haven't found too many books Lately that I can really be passionate about reading.  Well I decided to pick up where I left off with the Tiger's Curse knowing that my aunt really did have great taste in books, and she has a passion for reading to match my own.  So I dug into the book.  It was a saturday night, and church was early the next morning so I got through the first chapter, and decided sleeping was now necessary.  Sunday morning when I woke up though the first thing I did was reach for that book.  I could hear Bryken crying in his room, and was just really really hoping Braden would go and take care of him so I could read my book!  as you can imagine, it was a breathe of fresh air, absolutely irresistible!  I was in love from the word Ren, (hahaha) I do find my self a little comical because here I am talking about a book but, I could not put the thing down.  I pried myself away though, realizing that I had really shortened my time of getting myself and four children ready for church.  Braden had been sick that day so I took all four of my kids to church, deciding that is really  where I should be regardless of a sick husband.  So I made it through church nearly unscathed.  I say nearly because I was about ready to run to my bed in tears from just trying so hard to contain my misbehaving children after they had thoroughly embarrassed there unfit mother in sacrament meeting.  I had a singing practice after church, and found myself hurriedly trying to learn the new music for our production of the ten virgins of which I will be playing an UNWISE virgin,  (my reasoning I believe for being picked for this position though is because it will REALLY help people watching to think, about not being like me and turn around there own lives. :)  Actually the lady in charge assured me that it was all random picking, before I assured her that there must have been divine intervention.  
Finally I was home, my kids were napping, and I nestled down into getting past the second chapter of my book.  I was only taken away from reading a couple more times that evening, getting dinner made, and cleaned up and getting kids off and getting for bed with our regular night routines, although I was very half heartedly just trying to rush through it to get back to my book.  I knew I would regret it the next day if I stayed up reading to late because I had to be to work my 8am the next morning but, I could not put the book down until 2:00 am I finished the book, and went to sleep.  Yes I read the entire book in 1 day.  So much for pacing myself and getting more time out of it.  But the next day at work, I could not, I mean not get any work done!  I kept thinking about how I had to read the second book.  Now a little history on this author, she had already self published both books, before a major publishing company wanted to publish for her, so they started over and the second book won't be released again until June 2011.  Well this just would not satisfy my need to continue reading the story.  So I desperately searched the internet for any possible way to read the book, I stumbled on one area were there was a 1 chapter excerpt. I read that hungrily needing more than one measly chapter.  Until there it was a FREE PDF download of the entire 2nd book Tiger's Curse.  I downloaded that puppy as fast at it would go watching the line go across my computer screen unflinching until it was done.  I had done it!  I thought it was a miracle I had found a copy of the 2nd book that doesn't come out until June 2011.  I began immediately reading the book, when I should have been working!!!  I read the first 200 pages in between phone calls, orders, helping customers, and whatever else I could do the bare minimum of.  I emailed the pdf to myself so when I got home that night (after taking the family out to eat for family home evevning at the new "The Great Bambino" restaurant (which is so delicious)) after putting kids to bed and doing our nightly routine, I showered, and leaped into bed and starting greedily reading the pages of the book, this time I did pace myself a little though, and only got through to page 430.  So the next day when I got to work, and I decided I HAD to get working and forget the book, but there is sat on my desktop just taunting me, and daring me to open it up.  Well I at last gave in when I had cleared my desk full of paper work.  I opened it up and began reading again gasping at the suspense, and weeping at all the un-fair things going on in the story!  While being interrupted the whole time, which customers, phone calls, orders, etc.  Finally getting home again i did the same things... dinner, routine, shower, leap in bed to read.  I actually left work with only 50 pages left of the 644 page book, and I was bawling my eyes out with the outcome.  I sat up immediately at about 8:45pm that night, and decided I just had to find the 3rd book, I can't wait until November 2011 when the Tiger's Voyage is released, I search for at least 2 hours looking, and looking for any sign of a pdf file.  but to no Avail ..  and here I sit..... waiting for November to get here....

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! A girl after my own heart! I have been looking and looking for a GREAT, not ok, not good book to read since I finished the great and terrible series. Apparently I need to find this book! I liked your story...maybe you should write a book and keep me entertained:-)!!

    ReplyDelete